Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

Wow! The past 3 days have been eventful. On Friday, Julianna and I went to the zoo with my really good friend Ali. We had a great time despite the large amount of people that were there because of the kids being off for Easter break. Julianna enjoyed seeing all the animals and we were lucky enough to get a glimpse of the new baby ape and the new baby seal. Also, for the first time ever, we got to see the polar bear swimming above and around us. We have never seen that before in all the years the new aquarium section has been open. It was very cool! Hopefully later this summer we can go again. Here are a few pictures of our day!




Saturday began uneventful. However, after dinner I had gone down to the basement to crate the dogs before my friend arrived to see the house and noticed a horrible smell and a large wet/gritty spot on the floor near the dryer. I went and told Jon, who then went to investigate. Turns out the septic backed up into the basement due to a blockage. Jon went and purchased a snake to get the blockage out. In the process, he managed to get the snake caught and we had to call my parents to ask if we could stay with them until we could call the septic guy on Monday to come out and solve the problem. Jon and I began clearing out the storage stuff in order to cut up the rug that was no drenched in septic yuck so we could throw it all away. My dad arrived and helped us pull the rug sections out the basement window and throw them away. He then took Julz to their house while I helped Jon get stuff to clean up the basement floor and pack for our night at my parents. Finally I took off while Jon finished up cleaning. Later I called him to see how he was doing and he had managed to get the snake out and had snaked the pipe outside the house and the blockage was removed. We spent the night at my parents anyways because it was pretty late and we were going there for Easter the next day so it just made sense. Wednesday we get the septic pumped, so hopefully we will have no further issues afterwards!

Yesterday we had a very nice Easter dinner with my parents and grandparents. We all came back home and took long naps and were happy to be sleeping in our own beds last night.

Today we are supposed to have a paving company come and give us an estimate on expanding our driveway. Hopefully it's reasonable because I'm having issues getting other companies to call me back. Don't know what that's all about, but we are looking forward to getting the driveway done and the mud gone!! Plus, extra parking!!

That's all for now! 7 more days until tax season is over!! MUCH LOVE!

No comments: