Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Time!

Hello All!

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.  The Feyen Family has been busy updating the outside of our house.  Last week, Jon laid our new walkway in the front.  It turned out differently than we expected, but it looks awesome!  So much more character and the landscape looks great.  Jon ripped out all the old plants and we purchased new stuff that would not get so big and over grown.

Julianna has been enjoying her new swing set.  She loves swinging and has mastered the rock wall going up AND down.  She also enjoys having Toby in her clubhouse.  Hopefully when we get back from the lake, I will get around to repainting it.  We also have to put in her sandbox.

I've been enjoying her swing set when it comes to discipline.  A lot of you know I'm having issues with Julianna calling me stupid.  I had come to my wits end on how to deal with it, when my mother suggested trying to teach her that her actions have consequences.  The swing set has been a great consequence.  She first gets a warning about calling me stupid and then, if she does it again, she isn't allowed to play on her swing set for the rest of the day.  It has worked wonders.  I also use other things for consequences, but the swing set has worked the best.  Now she catches herself before calling me stupid.  It still occurs, but a lot less frequently than before.  I also recently purchased a book called 1-2-3 Magic which was recommended to me by someone.  It's a discipline style.  I'm looking forward to reading the book and trying out their strategies.  Kelly also gave me a book called Toddler 411, while it covers ALL kinds of topics, it's been a great read, full of great information.

Jon has been busy tending to his garden.  We aren't having a lot of luck.  We have to many bunnies and ground hogs.  Jon's been putting off putting up a fence, but I think he is finally caving in.  He also purchased a BB gun in hopes of scaring off the animals, but according to him, they don't make them the way they used too because it doesn't shoot as far.  Who knows.  But he's enjoying all the outside work.  He has many grand ideas that use all his "toys."  Whatever keeps him happy I guess!

Well we are off to the lake soon.  Looking forward to some family time and a change of pace.  It should be a great week!  Hopefully we have great weather this year!

Hope all is well with you and yours!  MUCH LOVE!

No comments: