Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thumb sucking and head holding

So Jon and I have lost the thumb sucking war with Julianna. We have tried so hard to discourage her from sucking her thumb by removing her hand and putting in her pacifier. I know some parents are excited for their children to learn to self sooth, but thumb sucking is a hard habit to break. But Julianna has figured out how to suck her thumb. Yesterday towards the end of her nap she began fussing so I went upstairs to get her. When I made it to her room she had stopped fussing, but it was time for her to get up anyways, so I went in and looked at her and sure enough she was sucking her thumb which had calmed her down. Oh well. I guess we will let her go and worry about breaking the habit later.

Julianna is also doing wonderfully with holding up her head all on her own. It's very exciting! We still don't want to fully let her go just yet, she is still a little wobbly, but she is getting very strong. Soon enough she will be able to us her Bumbo seat.

Jon has finished school for the summer. He now has two weeks off. His parents are coming to visit us on the 20th for a few days. We are looking forward to them coming. We are hoping to take them to Phipps Conservatory and the Zoo. The zoo is more for Jon and I because there is a new shark exhibit at the zoo that is supposed to be pretty impressive and we want to check it out. It should be a fun few days. Jon heads back to school on the 24th.

Nothing new with me except a hair cut. I was gonna wait until after the wedding to cut my hair, but I just don't have time to dry let alone do my hair with Julianna, so I got it cut. I like it. It's short and easy.

Enjoy the rest of summer! MUCH LOVE!

No comments: