Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fun and Vacations

I realize my posts are rather boring, but there really is nothing going on here in the wheat field.

I did manage to get SOME of my list accomplished from my previous post. I didn't clean anything yet, but I do finally have the laundry done...thanks goes to Jon for that accomplishment. With me working 2nd shift, Jon usually is the one that has to finish things I begin during the day because I run out of time.

Speaking of job, I had a great day at work. I worked with some great people who just love goofing around and we even had the customers joking around with us. It was great and the 9 hours flew by!! However, I hope to not work any more Sundays. We shall see.

My brother and his fiancee Kelly are coming to visit us this weekend for my birthday! YAY!! I am so excited I don't even know what to do with myself. Kelly has not visited us yet since she and Dave began dating...it's not her fault though, Dave has been lazy about coming to see me!! I'm glad they will get to see our house and where we live, even if it is just for a few days. We have a blast when we are all together. I love them both to pieces!!

Let's see.....Oh, the weekend after they visit is the weekend of the 4th and Jon and I are planning on just hanging out here since gas is up to $4.15!!! Plus, we have to begin packing for vacation!! We are headed to Chesapeake, Maryland for a week long family reunion with my side of the family. We always have a blast at these family get togethers! Oh, by we, I mean, Me. Jon has never been to one of our family reunions yet.

My mom's side of the family has been having family reunions every other year since I was born. We have been to some amazing places of the years and done some amazing things. We have been on cruises, stayed at dude ranches out west and in British Colombia, we have rented HUGE houses to house all 20+ of us in places like Aspen, CO all the way to Virgina Beach, VA. My family and I have great memories and wonderful stories and it's just been a great tradition.

Sadly, we don't know how much longer we will be doing these family reunions. My grandparents have been the ones to arrange for the reunions and as they are getting older every year, the time will come when they are just to tired to plan it. I'm not sure whether or not my mom and her sisters will keep the tradition alive, but we shall see. It's such a great way to see my relatives that live in Hawaii, California, Tennessee and Ohio. We truly are scattered throughout the US.

For this family reunion we have rented an Estate on the Chesapeake Bay. It has a Manor House, Cottage, and a Fun Center. Check out the link: http://www.vrbo.com/15537
They don't have a lot of pictures of the place, but you can get the idea. I will post our own pictures when we get back from the trip. I'm so excited to go on vacation.

Well this post has turned out longer and more interesting than I expected. I hope you all have a wonderful week!! Thanks for visiting!!

1 comment:

Brian and Beth Ponstein said...

The vacation sounds wonderful! I wish my family did something like that. Brian and I are going camping...in a tent. Not quite as fabulous.