Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Painting and Preparing

Today I begin to paint our Master Bedroom in preparation for selling our house. It's an odd feeling to be painting a room we, hopefully, won't be able to enjoy for very long. But it must be done. The paint colors the previous owner had picked for the room are horrendous. I'm not so sure she wasn't color blind. As my brother puts it, our room looks like a hot dog and ketchup exploded in there. So in a day or two, the room will be a nice, neutral brownish color and we will also have crown molding. YAY for changes that will help sell the house.

Our house is officially on the market. We placed a "For Sale By Owner" sign in the front lawn this past Saturday. Mostly so people know we are selling our house, while we finish up the last few projects, but also to see if we can get a buyer with out a realtor.

So where are we headed when the house sells?? Not a clue. We just need to get rid of the house. We have options, but until the house sells and we nail down a few more details about some things we will either end up in Pittsburgh, Grand Rapids, or some other town. Like I said, we don't know yet.

Well to painting I go so I can get one coat on before I head to work! Bye For Now!

No comments: