Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Stresses of Life

So I realized last night just how stressed I am about Jon's job and the whole situation.

A friend of ours from the church we are attending came into the store last night and we chatted while I checked him out. We haven't seen each other for probably a month due to work, vacation, etc. He asked how we are doing and I told him briefly our situation. It was after he left that I realized I wanted to cry.

As much as I hate to admit it, being the strong one and organized one in this whole mess is harder than I realized. I hate that Jon is treated so poorly and I hate that his self esteem is so low. I worry about him when he goes to work and I worry whether today will be the day that he comes home to tell me he quit or was fired. I am also the one that does most of the job looking for him and it's very frustrating when the jobs that are available are in places like California, Washington, Oregon and Texas. I know that God's timing is perfect, but it's hard to wait.

Along with stressing about finding him a job, I am stressing about trying to get projects finished around the house so we can at least put the house on the market. Things never seem to get accomplished fast enough which is my fault and Jon's. We need to make a time line for ourselves, but we haven't had time. I feel like once the house is on the market a lot of weight will be lifted from my shoulders.

Please continue to pray for us. Pray that Jon finds the right job for him where he will be respected and given great opportunities to succeed. Pray that we finish up our projects in a timely manner and can list the house as soon as possible. Pray that we will hear back from the job in VA and it not be like the other jobs where the guys never called to tell us either way. Pray that where ever we end up that I find a job that I enjoy and pays me reasonably well.

Thank you all for the prayers so far. If Jon and I can pray for you and your family and friends in any way, please let us know!

Remember, it's all in God's timing and His timing is always perfect.

No comments: