Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hospital Visits

Well these past few days have been eventful.

On Thursday, my dad and I headed to the hospital so I could be monitored. I was having what turned out to be contractions for some reason. They gave me IV fluids thinking that maybe I was dehydrated and that was what was causing the contractions. Turns out that wasn't the reason because they didn't go away.

On Friday night, we all headed back to the hospital again because I was having severe pain in the lower right side of my stomach and to me it seemed the baby had slowed down. I was hooked up to monitors. The baby was perfect and it showed I was having stronger contractions. However, that didn't explain the severe pain in my side. The doctor came and examined me and decided to do an ultrasound. Turns out I have a fibroid that is growing in my uterus and the way that the baby layes she kicks and hits that area frequently causing pain. Also, sometimes she has her elbows or knees, or fists resting under it causing the pain. They gave me Tylenol to combat the pain and that seemed to work and again they gave me IV fluids for the contractions. I was sent home that night with orders to take Tylenol for the pain and to rest rest rest.

So after these events I have decided it is time I focus on me and the baby. I've been pushing and pushing and I think this was just a sign that I need to slow down. I'm still having pain and I'm still getting contractions every now and then so I'm just going to take it easy. It was also a wake up call that I need to stop procrastinating on getting my hospital bag put together.

Jon is finishing up classes for this semester. He will be done by Wednesday. Then he has two weeks off before summer classes begin. He already has big plans for those two weeks. My parents are getting ground covering so he will get to put that down and then the following week he may go to Ohio to help my mom and grandpa out, but that's still up in the air.

Well the weather has been beautiful and I'm looking forward to the summer weather staying here!! In the next few weeks the pool should be open. It will be nice to sit out by the pool and enjoy the outdoors.

Well that is about all the updates for now!

MUCH LOVE!

No comments: