Friday, May 29, 2009

Accident Update

My mom has returned home. She is doing much better today. She is up and moving around and doing work for the company. She has done a complete 180 from yesterday. Yesterday she could barely keep her eyes open her head hurt so bad and she didn't want to move much because she hurt so much. We did solve the headache issue yesterday...she was going through a caffeine withdrawal and just needed a few cups of coffee. That cut the headache instantly! She does have some major bruising on her body that is going to be tender for some time and her body is just achy from being thrown around even with her seat belt on.

My Grandfather on the other hand is still at the hospital in the ICU. He went in for face surgery on Wednesday to repair the broken bones and put his jaw back into place and fix some other things and either during or after the surgery his tongue swelled so bad they had to put in a breathing tube and put him in a drug induced comma. The swelling in his tongue is going down, but the breathing tube is still in. He is still in a drug induced comma, but not as deep of one. If you squeeze his hand, he can squeeze back. Hopefully in the next day they will remove the tube and bring him out of the comma. As of now, they are not even considering releasing him until Thursday, but it might be even longer than that.

Everything is set up here for him to come home. He will not be able to return to his apartment at Sherwood Oaks, but they were able to get him a bed in the skilled nursing unit there which is great! That means Grandma doesn't have to drive any where to see him every day. My aunts are coming in a week or so to be with my Grandma and help her out, so it will be nice to see them. Plus that takes the pressure off my mother who has to keep the company running while Grandpa is out.

The company sale is still happening as planned. My mother is currently the acting president and is able to sign all the papers in my Grandfather's absences, so things are still moving along which is good. Grandpa will not see the sale of the company or the end results because of all his injuries, but we all know it will be a huge weight lifted from his shoulders when it is all said and done and I know he will be grateful my mom was able to carry through with everything.


As a side note, the baby is still hanging out in my tummy. We aren't really sure when she will decide to come but I will probably not go past my June 3rd due date because of her size. Plus I'm really uncomfortable, so I would rather not go a week past. We will let you all know when the big event occurs!

Thank you to all who have been praying for my Mom and Grandpa. Your prayers have definitely been felt. We all know that the Lord is in charge and will get us all through this event. We are thankful that my Grandpa knows and loves the Lord so if it's his time, we know where he is going.

Much Love!

No comments: