Thursday, January 5, 2012

Big Girl Bed

This past Monday, we went and bought a mattress for Julianna's big girl bed. She was VERY excited and so began her transition from her crib to the bed. The first night went really well. She slept the entire night in her bed. The next day, I went and put her down for her afternoon nap which didn't go as smoothly as I would have hoped, but she did sleep and stay in her bed. However, I did return to find that she had pulled one of her flower lights out of the wall. Not good. So we had a "talk" about touching the flowers and she has left the other one alone since. That night, we put her to bed, both of us had to get her down. We thought she was asleep, until we heard "Mama! Come Upstairs!", "Mama!"....so up I go, and what do I find? She had ripped up a book in her bed. Lesson learned, nothing beside her bed. Last night, however, was much smoother. She is getting the hang of the big bed and loves being in it. She keeps asking us to put the crib away. =)


Next thing to work on with Julz.....to stop her from saying "Shut Up!" to the dogs. Guess I need to pay more attention to what comes out of my mouth.

No comments: