Monday, January 16, 2012

Three kids in One!

I've come to the realization that Julianna is like three kids all wrapped up in one. She can be sweet and cooperative one minute, bouncing off the walls the next, and then throwing terrible tantrums the next instant. I am very grateful I am 1) not pregnant and 2) do not have another child at the moment because I am exhausted just dealing with Julz and her personalities right now.

Julianna also has a hitting issue. In a lot of ways, I'm glad she only hits me 95% of the time, but it gets tiring day in and day out and she is becoming stronger so her slaps and punches are beginning to hurt. I've tried just about everything to curb this behavior but have yet to be successful. I've searched the internet numerous times for ideas on how to deal with this behavior and have found nothing that has worked, but wouldn't you know, when I was about to give up, my Parents magazine arrived with an article dedicated to toddler's bad behavior and gave me a wonderful idea: a "chore" chart. Julianna loves stickers and loves M&M's or anything sweet for that matter. Why not put that all together and reward her for good behavior?! Haven't tried that idea yet, so what do I have to lose? While there will be chores on her chart, it will also include no hitting and kicking. I realized to make this successful, I have to include some things I know she will be successful at every day so she doesn't get discouraged. I'm still working out some of the details for the reward part, but I plan on putting this into action tomorrow. I will let you all know how it goes.

Otherwise, things are moving along. This past weekend was Jon's holiday party for work. It was at the aquarium at the Pittsburgh Zoo. It was a nice party and I got to know more of the people Jon works with and the new firm that HBK is purchasing was there too. The best part of the party, though, was getting to pet a penguin!! Very cool!

Tax season has begun which means 6 day work weeks have arrived. Jon hasn't decided if he wants to go in early and be home for dinner or go in a little later and be home later. I told him to try out both scenarios and see which he likes best. Some days it won't matter when he gets to work, he'll be late anyways just because there will be a lot to get done. Based on how everyone was talking at the party on Saturday, it sounds like this season is going to be a doozy! I wish them all the best of luck!

Well that's all that's going on at the moment. Hope everyone is enjoying this burst of winter we all got! Tomorrow the high is 52 here in Pittsburgh! MUCH LOVE!

No comments: